Last Updated: Mon Nov 01, 2010 20:30 pm (KSA) 17:30 pm (GMT)

Prince invites scandal-hit F1 boss to Jordan rally

Disgraced Mosley stayed away from Bahrain Grand Prix (File)
Disgraced Mosley stayed away from Bahrain Grand Prix (File)

Scandal-plagued motor racing supremo Max Mosley will be a special guest at the Jordan Rally from April 24 to 27, rally chiefs said on Wednesday.

"We are pleased to announce that FIA president Max Mosley will be present at the Jordan rally at the invitation of His Majesty Prince Faisal Al Hussein, president of Jordan Motorsport," a statement read.

Mosley "has always supported Jordan's candidature to take part in this prestigious championship," the statement continued, in allusion to Mosley's backing for the first World Rally Championship event in the Arab world.

"Max has always been a great friend and ally of Jordan .. so we are delighted he will come to share this historic moment with us," according to the prince.

Sex scandal

International Motoring Federation (FIA) president Mosley is currently in the news for taking part in kinky sex games with five prostitutes and last week lost an attempt in a London court to force footage of the incident off the Internet as he launches a legal claim for breach of privacy.

The footage was viewed nearly 1.5 million times in the two days between the News of the World tabloid first putting the video on its website and later removing it.

As the scandal rumbles on, the FIA will hold an extraordinary general assembly meeting on June 3 on Mosley's future and his possible replacement.

When the scandal broke, Mosley missed the following week's Grand Prix in Bahrain and several motor racing federations have called on him to step down.

Mosley, whose father Sir Oswald Mosley was a British fascist leader in the 1930s, does not dispute that events shown in the footage took place, but says they were private and denies they were Nazi-themed, as alleged.

Comments »

Post Your Comment »

Social Media »